Wednesday, August 18, 2010

End of a chapter. End of an Era

Wow. summer is over and from the time I last wrote, till now so many things have happened. I finished my last few days of the internship, moved permanently into a house about 3 blocks away from Mission Adelante with 2 other awesome girls (hopefully pictures soon), I got to see my family, spent a lot of time with Andrew, enjoyed my final days of summer vacation with awesome neighborhood kids soaking up as much time as we could being outside, running around, swimming, and being kids and now I am starting my student teaching at ME Pearson, a neighborhood school about 5 blocks away from my house...summer is over. I have turned the page and life is again DIFFERENT. For the past 5 years, my life hasn't been the same for more than about 5 months. I lived in Lee's Summit, Springfield, Midland Texas, KCMO, back to Lee's Summit and now to KCK (in 2 different locations) being constantly uprooted and moving about 12 times in the past 5 years has been super hard and it has been hard defining what home is to me.

I have discovered that its being able to relate get support and the be the ones who support your family and friends, surrounding yourself around great people who love you, care for you, and give you opportunities to serve them. I have experienced both spectrums of what I define home as, and I have come to the conclusion is that the Lord is home and I am continually homesick for him, even when I don't realize it. there is a place that I constantly long for.

I have been waiting for a long time to be at the point that I am at now, but contentment hasn't hit yet. I think this is part of the process of finishing up a rather life changing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment